Esters are the most representative components of beeswax, mainly including melilox palmitate, melilox cerenate, melilox arachidic acid, mellibyl palmitate, lacquer palmitate, and pyrogallol Mellyl palmitate, etc., among which Mellyl palmitate is the main component of beeswax (approximately 80%). In addition, Mellyl palmitate, Laceyl palmitate, Mellyl cerate, etc. The content is also very high.
1. To the solution resulting from the determination of acid value add mL of 0.5 N alcoholic potassium hydroxide and 50 mL of aldehyde-free alcohol.
2. Reflux the mixture for 4 hours.
3. Tiltrate the excess alkali with 0.5 N hydrochloric acid.
4. Perform a blank determination.
5. The difference between the volumes, in mL, of 0.5N hydrochloric acid consumed in the actual test and in the blank test, multiplied by 28.05 and divided by the weight in g of the specimen taken, is the ester value.